The Deputy Director of the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam informs that, according to the direction of the Government and the Ministry of Transport, Vietnam will reopen 9 regular international air routes from January 01, 2022. At the same time, the Ministry of Health has also issued the Document No. 10688/BYT-MT guiding the implementation of measures to prevent and control the Covid-19 epidemic for people entering Vietnam.
Regarding this issue, Nhi Gia summarizes specific information for customers as below:
Table of Contents
Vietnam reopens 9 international air routes from January 01, 2022
Vietnam will reopen 9 regular international air routes with destinations that are the traditional markets of Vietnamese airlines as well as of local airlines. Specifically, the application time shall start from January 01, 2022 and is expected to last 15 days.
- Vietnam - Beijing/Guangzhou (China);
- Vietnam - Tokyo (Japan);
- Vietnam - Seoul (Korea);
- Vietnam - Taipei (Taiwan - China);
- Vietnam - Bangkok (Thailand);
- Vietnam - Singapore;
- Vietnam - Vientiane (Laos);
- Vietnam - Phnom Penh (Cambodia);
- Vietnam - San Francisco/Los Angeles (USA).
The reopening of international air routes is an urgent need as:
- By reopening regular international flights, it will stimulate the travel demand of people from the above countries and territories to Vietnam and vice versa, instead of having to travel through many routes;
- Cơ hội hồi phục nền kinh tế (đầu tư, giao thương, du lịch,..) nhằm tái khởi động các hoạt động giao thương trên thế giới;
- Bring about the opportunities for economic recovery (investment, trade, tourism, ) to relaunch the global economic activities;
- At the same time, this is also a roadmap to gradually reopen other flights to avoid causing fear in the community about the epidemic. Thus, people will feel secure and confident about the “safe opening - fully opening”.
6 more airline routes are expected to reopen from January 15, 2022
In addition to the above 9 markets, the aviation industry also submitted a proposal to expand 6 more airline routes at a later stage (expected 01 month later). Specifically, 6 airline routes to/from:
- Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia);
- HongKong (China);
- Paris (France);
- Frankfurt (German);
- Sydney (Australia);
- Moscow (Russian Federation).
At the same time, the authorities will monitor, summarize and evaluate the implementation of normal reopening as before the epidemic.
- Regarding the subjects in the priority group on the flights, those who have received 2 doses of vaccine or have recovered from Covid-19 and have a negative PCR test certificate.
- The reopening of the airline routes will greatly facilitate travel. Specifically, Vietnamese workers whose contracts have expired, students, and business travelers who are stuck abroad; Overseas Vietnamese have a need to return home on the occasion of the 2022 Lunar New Year.
- At the same time, create conditions for foreign experts and investors to come to Vietnam to invest, do business and work.
- In addition, over the past time, the Government has accompanied airlines with experience in organizing rescue flights. Therefore, the plan to reopen regular international air routes from January 01, 2022 is appropriate.
New regulations on isolation for people on entry from January 01, 2022
To serve the reopening of international air routes, on December 16, the Ministry of Health officially issued the Document No. 10688/BYT-MT guiding the implementation of measures to prevent and control the COVID-19 epidemic.
Specifically, it promulgates regulations for people entering Vietnam from January 01, 2022, except for the case of entry for short-term work or entry according to regulations of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control and the Ministry of Health or with a bilateral cooperation agreement.
Documents issued by the Ministry of Health include important contents for people entering Vietnam:
- General requirements for epidemic prevention and control for people on entry;
- Requirements for epidemic prevention and control in specific cases:
- For people entering Vietnam who have received a full dose of vaccine or have recovered from COVID-19;
- For people entering Vietnam who have not been vaccinated or have not received a full doses of COVID-19 vaccines;
- For children (under 18 years old), elderly people (from 65 years old or older), pregnant women, people with underlying medical conditions (but not having to be monitored and treated at medical facilities).
- Check and recognize the Certificate of Vaccination, Certificate of having recovered from Covid-19.
See detailed information here: Officially shortening the quarantine period to 3 days for people entering Vietnam
The above is a summary of information on the reopening of international routes, as well as the new regulations on the quarantine period for people on entry, effective from January 1, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Nhi Gia.
Currently, Nhi Gia has been supporting necessary services for customers: air tickets, quarantine hotel reservations, Vietnam visas, foreign visas. And full package of immigration procedures for Vietnamese and foreigners. Contact us directly via hotline +84 1900 6654 for advice and accurate quotation by services.
- Vietnam introduces vaccine passport form
- Officially shortening the quarantine period to 3 days for people entering Vietnam who have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- List of concentrated quarantine hotels with charge in Ho Chi Minh City (updated on November 30, 2021)
- The U.S., the U.K., Japan and Belarus have officially accepted Vietnam's vaccine passports
- Loosening regulations on work permits for foreigners working in Vietnam