The term of work permits for foreigners in Vietnam shall not exceed 02 years. According to the new regulations, the term of a work permit is only extended 1 time and the maximum period is 02 years.
Table of Contents
Regulations on the term of work permits
The term of work permits is according to the term of one of the following cases:
- Term of the employment contracts expected to be signed.
- Term that foreign companies dispatch the foreign workers to work in Vietnam.
- Term of the contracts or agreements signed between Vietnamese companies and foreign partners.
- Term of the service provision contracts or agreements signed between Vietnamese companies and foreign partners.
- Term specified in the service providers’ written document about assigning the foreign workers to Vietnam to negotiate on service provision.
- Term determined in the operation license of the agencies, organizations or enterprises.
- Term specified in the service providers’ written document about assigning the foreign workers to Vietnam to establish the commercial presence of the service providers.
- Term specified in the written document proving the foreign workers are allowed to be involved in the activities of a foreign enterprise that has established its commercial presence in Vietnam.
- Term in the written document about approval of the employment of foreign workers, except the case where the explanation about the employment of foreign workers is not required.
Term of work permits in case of re-granting & renewal
About term of re-granted work permits and extended term of work permits
Term of re-granted work permits
According to Article 15 of Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP, the term of the re-granted work permit is equal to the term of the granted work permit minus the time the foreign worker has worked to the time of application for re-grant of work permit.
Extended term of work permits
According to Article 19 of Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP, the term of the work permit is extended according to the term of one of the cases specified in Article 10 of this Decree, but the term of the work permit is only extended one time with a maximum period of 02 years.
Package of work permit services for foreigners at Nhi Gia
It is complicated and takes a lot of time to prepare the application for work permit. Nhi Gia, with more than 15 years of experience, will provide enterprises with service package to apply for work permit quickly. At the same time, Nhi Gia commits to the highest rate of application approval for customers.
The reasons to choose work permit service at Nhi Gia:
- Successfully processing + 300,000 work permit applications.
- Being trusted by large and reputable customers.
- Always calculating costs to give customers the best price.
- Having closed working process to optimize customers’ time and effort.
- Giving support for enterprises after they obtain work permits:
- Consulting on registration for temporary residence.
- Notifying customers when the work permits are about to expire.
- Making reports, employment contracts and submitting them to relevant agencies.
Please contact us on +84 1900 6654 for free consultation on services and quotation of work permit services. Nhi Gia is pleased to serve you!
- Ho Chi Minh City will conduct vaccination against COVID-19 for all foreign citizens
- Instructions for temporary residence registration for foreigners
- How to make an online criminal record? See details
- Tickets booking service for international flight to Vietnam during the pandemic
- Continue to conduct entry flights through Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat airports