At the 8th session on November 15, 2019, Law No. 51 on amending and supplementing the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam was passed. Accordingly, there are some new and additional points on the cases of granting temporary residence cards to foreigners.
Table of Contents
Cases of granting temporary residence cards according to new regulations
Temporary residence card is also understood as a long-term Vietnam visa, a card valid for stay, allowing foreign citizens to temporarily reside and work in Vietnam for a long time.
Since July 01, 2020, the revised Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2019 has officially taken effect. Accordingly, cases in which temporary residence cards are granted include:
+ Foreigners who are members of diplomatic missions, consular agencies, representative agencies of international organizations under the United Nations, intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam and their accompanying spouses, children under 18 years of age, and maids during their office term. Code: NG3;
+ Foreigners entering Vietnam with visas with codes: LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ1, LĐ2, TT. Temporary residence cards have the same codes as visas.
Validity period of temporary residence card
Codes of temporary residence card
Not over 10 years
NG3, LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT2 AND DH
Not over 05 years
NN1, NN2, ĐT3, TT
Not over 03 years
LĐ1, LĐ2 and PV1
Not over 02 years
- The validity period of the temporary residence card is at least 30 days shorter than the remaining validity period of the passport.
- People with expired temporary residence cards shall be considered for being granted new cards.
Procedures for processing temporary residence card application
Application for a temporary residence card:
+ Written request from the inviting or sponsoring agencies, organizations or individuals, specifically:
- For agencies and organizations: Form NA6;
- For individuals: Form NA7
+ Declaration to request for granting temporary residence card (with photo): Form NA8;
+ Proof of eligibility for temporary residence card.
Authority to consider and grant temporary residence cards
+ Immigration Department or Immigration Office of the Police Department of the province or city.
Processing time for application for temporary residence card
The time for processing an application for a temporary residence card is 05 working days from the date of receipt of a complete application.
Above are all important contents about the cases of granting temporary residence cards in Vietnam according to new regulations effective from July 01, 2020. If you need more information or free consultation on temporary residence card for foreigners, please contact Nhi Gia via hotline 841900 6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team of legal specialists will support you.
- Loosening regulations on work permits for foreigners working in Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh City will conduct vaccination against COVID-19 for all foreign citizens
- Instructions for temporary residence registration for foreigners
- How to make an online criminal record? See details
- Tickets booking service for international flight to Vietnam during the pandemic