Next to the LV1 Work visa, which is issued for foreigners entering to work with agencies and units under the Government. In certain cases, foreigners working in Vietnam can receive a LV2 visa.
>> What is LV2 visa? Which subject will be granted this? In this article, Nhi Gia will help you to know more about the Vietnam LV2 visa.
What is a LV2 visa?
According to Clause 6, Article 8 of Law 47/2014/QH13, LV2 visa (also known as work visa) allows foreigners to work with socio-political organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
How long is the LV2 visa granted to foreigners?
Similar to the LV1 visa, the LV2 visa is granted to foreigners for a period not exceeding 12 months. After the visa expires, foreigners can carry out procedures to extend the LV2 visa.
Anyone who has LV2 visa will have a chance to apply for a Temporary Residence Card with the same symbol and a maximum period of 5 years. Therefore, if foreigners want to stay in Vietnam for 1 year or more, they can apply for a temporary residence card.
>> To know details about the Temporary Residence Card documents and procedures, please contact directly at the hotline [+84] 1900 6654to get specific consultation
Extend and apply for LV2 visa with working purpose
Procedures to apply for a Vietnam LV2 visa
- Original passport or international travel document with validity as prescribed
- 02 photos taken in size 4x6cm
- An application form for an approval entry letter, made according to NA2 form
- Vietnam visa application - NA1 form
- Documents proving employment with agencies, socio-political organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (invitation letter, guarantee letter, etc.)
- LV2 visa application fee
- And other relevant documents at the request of the Immigration Department
After preparing all the required papers, you can submit them to the Immigration Department. The processing time is 5 days from the date that the officer received the papers.
Vietnam VL2 visa - Extension procedure
If foreigners want to extend LV2 visa, they need to prepare:
- The original passport is still valid
- Application form for Vietnam visa extension - NA5 Form
- Legal documents proving to work with agencies, socio-political organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Certificate of temporary residence issued by the local police
- And other relevant documents according to the regulations of the competent authority
Vietnam visa extension applications are submitted directly to the Immigration Department. The processing time will be about 5 days and no more than 7-10 days.
>> Note: Above are the basic documents to prepare when applying for a LV2 work visa. Depending on each specific case, the Immigration Department may require foreigners to add other documents which prove the purpose of entry. For more information or support, call [+84] 1900 6654 right now!
LV2 visa application fees
Regarding the LV2 visa application fee, it will depend on the duration of the visa and the number of entries:
- Single entry visa: 25USD
- Visa types with validity of no more than 03 months: 50 USD
- Visa types with validity from more than 06 months: 95 USD
- Visa types with validity from more than 12 months: 135 USD
Note: This is the fee prescribed by the Government when applying for a Vietnam visa. In addition, foreigners may pay other fees such as notarized translation fee, entry dispatch service fee, etc.
>> For a quote on the entire cost of LV2 visa, please call [+84] 1900 6654 immediately!
Above is the information you need to know about the Vietnam LV2 visa that Nhi Gia wants to share with you. If you are a person who is not too knowledgeable about the law and does not have much time to prepare documents yourself. Contact Nhi Gia - A unit with nearly 20 years of experience in processing visa applications through
- Address: 186 - 188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 9, District 8, Ho Chi Minh city
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org