What is a Vietnam Work visa? What type of visa do foreigners need when coming to Vietnam? Nhi Gia will analyze these concerns through the article below:
What is a Vietnam Work visa? Who will be eligible to apply for this visa?
Vietnam Work visa allows foreigners to work legally in Vietnam. Based on the entry purpose, the symbol for this visa will be different: LV1, LV2, specifically:
- LV1 Visa: issued to people who work in agencies directly under the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam; National Assembly, Government, Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front, Supreme People's Court, Supreme People's Procuracy, State Audit, ministries, ministerial-level agencies, Governmental agencies; Provincial Party Committees, City Party Committees, People's Councils, People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities.
- LV2 Visa: issued to people working in socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Vietnam LV1, LV2 visas are valid for no more than 12 months. Foreigners who are granted LV1, LV2 Work visas will be considered to get Temporary Residence Cards with the similar symbols. The duration of a temporary residence card with symbols LV1, and LV2 is no more than 05 years.
Thus, foreigners wishing to work long-term in Vietnam, need to carry out the procedures for applying for a temporary residence card according to regulations.
Types of Vietnam Work visas according to the number of entries
Based on the number of entries to Vietnam, with a duration of no more than 12 months, a Work visa can be granted once or multiple times:
- 1-month single entry visa
- 3-month single entry visa
- 1-month multiple-entry visa
- 3-month multiple-entry visa
- 6-month multiple-entry visa
- 1-year multiple-entry visa
Procedure: Apply for a Vietnam Work visa
Step 1: Apply for an approval entry letter - work purpose
The guarantor fills in the application forms and the legal representative of the enterprise or organization signs and seals them.
Foreigners prepare applications for Approval Entry Letter, including:
- NA2 Form - Application for Approval Entry Letter
- Original passport with validity period as prescribed.
- Papers proving that they have worked with departments, agencies and units directly under the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam; National Assembly, Government, Central Committee of Vietnam Fatherland Front, Supreme People's Court, People's Procuracy, etc.
- Other required documents.
Step 2: Submit the application, receive the appointment letter
Employees of enterprises and organizations submit all prepared documents to the Immigration Department (Note the applicants must bring the business's introduction letter with their identity card).
If you apply for a visa at a Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate General abroad, you must pay the Fax fee.
Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security receives documents from Monday to Saturday morning (except Sunday and holidays).
Step 3: Receive the result
After 5 working days of receiving the documents, the Immigration Department will return the results to enterprises and organizations.
In the Approval Entry Letter, the Immigration Department clearly states the time of entry and the place to receive the visa.
Step 4: Announce to foreigners
When the result is available, the organization shall notify the foreigners.
In this case, the enterprise will send the official letter to the foreigner (which can be sent via email, fax, or courier) so that the foreigner can apply for a Vietnam visa.
Step 5: Receive visa and pay the fee
The applicant needs the following documents:
- Complete NA1 Form - Vietnam visa application form
- Photo 4x6cm
- Original passport valid
- A copy of the Approval Entry Letter that has been approved at the Immigration Department
- Visa application fee (At the visa office, the visa application fee table is publicly posted).
For those who choose to have their visa stamped at the airport, you can pay the fee at Vietnam's international airport.
According to current regulations, the processing time is about 3-5 working days from the date of receiving all documents.
Where to apply for a Work visa?
In Vietnam, companies and organizations apply for a Work visa at the Immigration Department or the Immigration Department of the province or city where the business or organization is located.
Work visa fees
Fees vary depending on the type of visa as well as the duration of the visa. The fees to apply for visas, temporary residence cards,... issued together with Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BTC as follows:
- Single entry visa: 25 USD
- Visa types with a validity of no more than 03 months: 50 USD
- Visa types with validity from more than 06 months: 95 USD
- Visa types with validity from more than 12 months: 135 USD
Is Nhi Gia applying for a LV1 visa faster than others?
When applying for a Work visa, you have to spend a lot of time preparing documents as well as understanding clearly the difficult procedures. That's why you should choose Nhi Gia's work visa application service to make all procedures faster as well as get you the fastest “travel ticket”.
With nearly 20 years of operation in the field of applying for Vietnamese visas, foreign visas, work permits, etc. Nhi Gia will help you complete the complicated procedures, and legalize documents, ... to enter Vietnam as your wish.
In addition, we can shorten the process of getting your visa. It only takes about 2-4 hours to get the approval entry letter as well as the visa application procedure at the airport. Nhi Gia also provides visa stamping services at Vietnam international airports, you only need to provide the necessary information.
>> Hopefully through the article, you have learned how to apply for a work visa in Vietnam. For more information about working visas in Vietnam, please contact Nhi Gia directly at the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for the fastest advice and support.