Conversion of visa purposes is one of the notable highlights of the Law No. 51/2019/QH amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam (effective from July 01, 2020).
Table of Contents
04 cases of Vietnam visas subject to conversion of purposes
Previously, Article 7 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam 2014 clearly stated that “The purposes of single entry or multiple entry visas cannot be converted”. But now, according to the Law No. 51/2019/QH (effective from July 01, 2020), there are 4 cases of visa purpose conversion. The specific details are as follows:
- Having papers proving that they are investors or representatives of foreign organizations which invest in Vietnam in accordance with Vietnamese laws;
- Having papers proving the relationship as being parents, spouses or children of the inviting or sponsoring individuals;
- Being invited or sponsored for working by the agencies or organizations and having work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit in accordance with the labor laws;
- Entering the country with electronic visas and having work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit in accordance with the labor laws.
Conditions to convert the purposes of Vietnam visas
Based on the above 4 cases, what are the conditions for foreigners to be allowed to convert visa purposes?
Case a: Foreigners have papers proving that they are the investors or representatives of the foreign organizations which invest in Vietnam in accordance with Vietnamese laws.
If the foreigners have tourist visas (DL), work visas (LĐ, LĐ1, LĐ2), visas to visit relatives (TT), business visas (DN, DN1, DN2), etc., and can prove they are the investors or the legal representatives of the companies, they will be allowed to convert the visa purposes in accordance with the current position and role.
Case b: Foreigners have papers proving their relationship as being parents, spouses, or children of the inviting or sponsoring individuals.
The inviting and sponsoring individuals are understood as Vietnamese nationals or foreigners with Vietnam visas in accordance with regulations. They can change the purposes of visas for their foreign relatives.
Case c: Being invited or sponsored for working by the agencies or organizations and having work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit in accordance with the labor laws.
It can be understood that if foreigners are invited and sponsored by the companies to work for such companies with DN1 and DN2 visas, their visas can be considered to be changed to LĐ1, LĐ2 visas when they have not had work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit.
Case d: Foreigners enter with electronic visas and have work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit in accordance with the labor laws.
Accordingly, citizens of 80 countries and territories who enter Vietnam with e-visas can convert visa purposes from electronic visas into work visas with codes of LĐ1, LĐ2 when they have work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit.
Service of purpose conversion of Vietnam visa at Nhi Gia
Conversion of Vietnam visa purposes for foreigners requires the applicants to have knowledge about the complicated provisions of the law on exit and entry, and regularly update the frequently changed procedures.
It takes a lot of time and effort to carry out procedures and prepare documents for converting visa purposes at the state competent authorities. Moreover, when submitting the applications, the applicants must explain their documents to the state officials. Therefore, using the service of visa purpose conversion at Nhi Gia is an effective and economical solution.
With over 15 years of experience, since 2006, Nhi Gia has been one of the leading units in Vietnam specializing in carry out procedures and making applications for foreigners. Using the service of visa purpose conversion, customers can:
+ Receive free consultation on conversion of visa purposes and procedures related to foreigners.
+ Receive visa results quickly, on time and the results are handed to customers.
+ Simple procedures and close follow-up of the application process.
+ Contract, VAT invoices for the right services.
+ Package of services which helps save cost, time and effort.
+ Information of customers and enterprises is absolutely confidential.
Please contact us via hotline +84 1900 6654 or email@example.com for free consultation and quotation for service of visa purpose conversion.
- Vietnam introduces vaccine passport form
- Vietnam reopens 9 regular international air routes from January 01, 2022
- Officially shortening the quarantine period to 3 days for people entering Vietnam who have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- List of concentrated quarantine hotels with charge in Ho Chi Minh City (updated on November 30, 2021)
- The U.S., the U.K., Japan and Belarus have officially accepted Vietnam's vaccine passports