Certificates of criminal record are issued to Vietnamese citizens for the purpose of supplementing the applications for immigration, working abroad, marriage with foreigners and issued to foreigners for the purpose of applying for work permits, establishing enterprises, etc. So which are authorities competent to consider and approve the applications for certificate of criminal record?
Table of Contents
Authority to issue certificate of criminal record
State authorities competent to issue certificate of criminal record are specified in Article 44, Law No. 28/2009/QH12 on the Law on Criminal Record Certificate.
- The National Centre for Criminal Records shall issue the Certificate of criminal record in the following cases:
- Vietnamese citizens whose permanent or temporary residence cannot be identified.
- Foreigners who used to reside in Vietnam.
Certificate of Criminal Record No. 1 for foreigners
- Departments of Justice are authorized to issue the Certificate of criminal record in the following cases:
- Vietnamese citizens permanently or temporarily residing in the country.
- Vietnamese citizens residing abroad.
- Foreigners residing in Vietnam.
Time for issuing certificates of criminal record
- Competent authorities will process applications for Certificate of criminal record within 10 days from the date of receipt of valid requests if the person who applies for a certificate of criminal record is a Vietnamese citizen who has resided in many places or has a period of residence abroad, or is a foreigner.
In case of having to verify the automatic remission of criminal records, the time shall not exceed 15 days.
- In urgent cases, the time shall not exceed 24 hours from the time of receiving the request.
Certificate of Criminal Record No. 1 for Vietnamese citizens
Fees for applying certificate of criminal record
State fees for applying certificate of criminal record are specified in Article 2 of Circular No. 174/2011/TT-BTC. The fee for applying for certificate of criminal record is VND 200,000/time/person. In addition, for the following cases:
- The fee for issuing certificate of criminal record to students, people with meritorious services to the revolution, and relatives of martyrs is 100,000/time/person.
- In case the person who applies for certificate of criminal record requires 2 copies in a single request, from the third certificate, the authority issuing the criminal record card will collect an additional amount of VND 3,000/copy.
- People exempt from payment of the fee for issuing certificate of criminal record: People from poor households as prescribed by law; People residing in communes with special difficulties as prescribed by law.
Above is useful information about certificate of criminal record. If you want to use service of criminal record certificate for foreigners and Vietnamese, please contact us via hotline +84 1900 6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
>> How to apply for a criminal record certificate for foreigners holding a vietnam tourist visa
- Chinese Immigration Regulations applied from 8/1/2023
- Approval letter for entry into Vietnam and quarantine plan for foreigners
- Australian Passport for children (under 18 years old) in Vietnam
- Certificate of Australian Citizenship (based on blood-relationship)
- Instruction on how to apply for the Hong Kong visa - Updated 2023