Investor visa is issued to objects who are foreign investors and organize or contribute capital to a company in Vietnam. Depending on the value or nature of investment activities, the investment visa will have different symbols: ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, and ĐT4.
>> Let’s search for more information about Vietnam Investor visa with Nhi Gia:
Table of Contents
- Type of Vietnam Investor visas? Duration of Investor visa
- Conditions: To get an Investor visa for foreigners in Vietnam
- Benefits when having Vietnam Investor visa
- Investor visa application form & procedure for foreigners
- Where to submit the Investor visa application form?
- The processing time of Investor visa
- Investor visa application fees
- Why should you choose Nhi Gia to complete the Investor visa procedure?
- FAQs about Vietnam Investor visa
Vietnam Investor visa
Type of Vietnam Investor visas? Duration of Investor visa
Vietnam Investor visa issued to foreigners is classified into 4 types with the symbols ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, and ĐT4
Type of visa
Duration of visa
To be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with a capital contribution of at least 100 billion (VND), or investing in the business fields and areas of investment incentives decided by the Vietnam Government.
No more than 5 years
To be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of 50 billion (VND) – under 100 billion (VND) or investing in the business fields of investment encouragement decided by the Vietnam Government.
To be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with a capital contribution of 3 billion (VND) – under 50 billion (VND).
No more than 3 years
To be granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contributions of less than 3 billion (VND).
No more than 12 months
Conditions: To get an Investor visa for foreigners in Vietnam
To apply for Vietnam Investor visa, the foreign investor needs:
- Have a passport or valid international travel document.
- Receive an invitation or be sponsored by the agencies, and organizations in Vietnam.
- Not be subject to such cases of entry denial.
- Having documents proving the investment in Vietnam in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Investment. Documents such as:
- Investment Registration Certificate
- Business Registration Certificate and document certifying the investment status of competent state agencies in Vietnam.
You should notice that foreign investors are not required to apply for a Work Permit in accordance with Vietnamese Law.
Benefits when having Vietnam Investor visa
The foreign investor will have some benefits when they own Vietnam Investor visa:
- Long-term stay in Vietnam according to the validity of the visa (12 months, 3 years, 5 years).
- Can be extended when the visa expires (conditions apply).
- To be considered for getting a Temporary Residence Card with the same symbol as the visa, specifically: ĐT1 visa (duration not exceeding 10 years); ĐT2 visa (duration not exceeding 5 years); ĐT3 visa (duration not exceeding 3 years);
- To sponsor foreigners who are spouses/children under 18 years old under Relatives visa - TT visa (applicable to ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3 visas).
Visa application for investor
Investor visa application form & procedure for foreigners
Before preparing the Vietnam Investor visa, you need to identify the case granting visa clearly:
- Objects who are issued Vietnam Investor visa will be suitable with ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, or ĐT4.
- The foreign investor lives abroad or in Vietnam.
In case the foreigner lives in Vietnam, the invitation and guarantee company/enterprise will carry out procedures to change the purpose of a Vietnam visa (conditional). If you are in this case, please contact [+84] 1900 6654 for advice!
>> Nhi Gia will instruct people who are foreign investors living abroad on how to apply for Vietnam Investor visa.
Before applying for an Investor visa, you must have the Approval Entry Letter. The company that contributes capital has to prepare some important papers:
- The Business license/ Investment Registration Certificate (IRC) of the company that sends the invitation or guarantee
- The certificate of enterprise seal registration is also known as the notice on the publication of information about the seal sample of the enterprise.
- NA2 form - Application for the entry approval letter which allows foreigners to enter Vietnam.
- NA16 form - Application for registration of seal and signature for the first time at the Immigration Office.
- The duplicate of the Passport is still valid.
- And some other documents as required.
After you submit the document, you will receive the receipt (appointment letter) and in 5 working days later the Immigration Department will issue the Approval Entry Letter to Vietnam.
The guarantee company will scan this letter and send it to the foreign investor to complete the Vietnam Investor visa procedure in accordance with the regulations. The foreign investor needs to prepare more required documents:
- The original passport is valid above 6 months and empty for at least 2 blanks.
- 2 photos with 4x6 and white background.
- Print the Approval Entry Letter
- The Vietnamese visa application form - NA1 form
>> You can contact Nhi Gia directly for assistance with the procedure if you encounter problems during the preparation of the application. A team of Vietnam visa experts will give you a free consultation!
Where to submit the Investor visa application form?
Notice: To get the Vietnam Entry & Exit Approval Letter in accordance with the intended application for an investment visa, after preparing relevant documents, the representative of the guarantee company will submit the application at the Immigration Department - Ministry of Public Security, suitable for the North-South region:
- Immigration Department of Hanoi: 44 - 46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City: 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Foreign investor can bring the prepared document to these places to complete the procedure:
- Vietnamese Embassy / Consulate General in aboard.
- International border gates via road network
- Vietnam's international airports (Noi Bai Airport, Da Nang Airport, Tan Son Nhat Airport, ...)
The processing time of Investor visa
Usually, Vietnam Investor visa will be issued within 3 to 5 days from the day received the documents (excluding Saturday and Sunday). In addition, depending on each nationality, the date of receiving the Official Letter of Approval to enter Vietnam will be fast or slow.
>> If you want to enter Vietnam immediately, Nhi Gia: [+84] 1900 6654 will support you to complete the procedure in accordance with the regulations in the shortest time!
Investor visa application fees
Investor visa application fees
When asking about the cost of applying for an investment visa, many people will feel complicated because there are many types. However, Nhi Gia will help you understand the basic fees to apply for a Vietnam visa as follows
- For Vietnam visa (valid for 1 time): the fee is 25 USD per pcs
- For Vietnam visa is valid for 3 months (multiple times): the fee is 50 USD per pcs
- For Vietnam visa is valid for 3 - 6 months (multiple times): the fee is 95 USD per pcs
- For Vietnam visa is valid from 6 months - 1 year (multiple times): the fee is 135 USD per pcs
- For Vietnam visa is valid from 1 year - 2 years (multiple times): the fee is 145 USD per pcs
- For Vietnam visa is valid from 2 years - 5 years (multiple times): the fee is 155 USD per pcs
- The fee above is the official fees which are applied to countries by the Government (according to Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BTC). Visa stamping fee in different countries depends on each nationality.
- Besides the fee to stamp Vietnam visa, the applicants have to be concerned about the travel fee because not every country has a Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate General.
- In case foreigners need to enter the country for urgent reasons, they should choose to apply for a direct entry approval letter and choose to have their visas stamped at the airport. They will then pay the visa cost directly at the airport upon receiving visas. However, this case is unlikely to always be approved if the sponsoring company/enterprise and the applicant cannot give a reasonable explanation for the case.
Why should you choose Nhi Gia to complete the Investor visa procedure?
Applying for Vietnam Investor visa can be a complicated process if you don’t understand the procedures clearly. In that, you have to pay additional fees: a travel fee for the online application, and a courier fee to receive the application by post. You will also NOT be able to get an Approval Entry Letter because of the lack of important documents. That invisibly makes you DELAY for visa application.
For a high rate of Vietnam Investor visa, don’t forget to choose Nhi Gia’s service! With more than 20 years of experience in this field, we will help you to get a visa as soon as possible.
When using Vietnam Investor visa of Nhi Gia:
- You don’t have to waste time preparing the documents or applying for the Approval Entry Letter. Or spending time to submit the document at the Embassy/ Consulate General.
- All you need to do is to stay at home, or at your agency, provide information, and register all the necessary papers. Other things will be handled by Nhi Gia.
- After 2-3 days, you will have the visa as required or if it is in all the emergency cases, you will get this visa in 1-2 hours.
Besides, Nhi Gia has Visa stamping service at the airport which is very convenient for those having a busy schedule. You only have to provide the related papers, and Nhi Gia will help you to complete other complicated procedures.
Besides the service of applying for a Vietnam visa, don't forget that Nhi Gia also has services such as making foreign visas, work permits, entry documents, temporary residence cards, visa exemptions, etc. Coming to Nhi Gia, you will be dedicated consultants who will help you choose the best and most economical solution.
>> Support hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788!
FAQs about Vietnam Investor visa
Ask - What papers do I have to show when choosing to stamp the Investor visa at Vietnam International Airport?
To stamp the Investor visa, you must show these papers:
- Original passport is valid for at least 6 months.
- Approval Entry Letter (copy)
- Entry and exit declaration form (completed with information on entry and exit dates, residential address, etc.)
- Two 4x6 photos with white background in the last 6 months
- Visa stamping fee
Ask - Can I enter Vietnam before the date (in the Approval Entry Letter) that allows me to enter Vietnam?
Unfortunately, you cannot enter Vietnam before the arrival date indicated in the immigration letter. You should enter the country on the exact date of arrival stated in the approval letter.
Through this article, we hope you will gain some understanding of the investment visa as well as the steps to get this type of visa. For more information about visa services and related documents, please contact Nhi Gia directly at the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for the fastest advice and support. We are very pleased to serve you!
Ask - Can I extend Vietnam Investor visa?
Yes! Foreigners who are in Vietnam under an Investor visa, when the visa expires, they can extend the investment visa according to this Vietnam visa extension procedure. The profile usually includes:
- Application form for Vietnam visa extension
- 02 photos 4*6cm
- Time of entry into Vietnam for foreigners
- Original valid passport
- Legal profile of the guarantee company
- Certificate of temporary residence from the local police where the foreigner temporarily resides
- Employee introduction letter to apply at the immigration office
- Investment Registration Certificate/Business Registration Certificate showing capital contribution member
- Some other documents according to specific cases (if any)