What is a Vietnam Relatives visa 2023?
Vietnam Relatives visa is issued to foreigners who enter Vietnam with the purpose of visiting relatives and family. Depending on the case, foreigners will be granted a visa to visit Vietnam with the symbol TT or VR:
- “TT” Visa: Issued to foreigners who are spouses and U18 children of foreigners who are granted visas with the symbol LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, DT2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2 or foreigners are fathers, mothers, wives, husbands and children of Vietnamese citizens.
- “VR” Visa: Issued to people to visit relatives or for other purposes.
The duration of Vietnam Relatives visa:
- Visa with the symbol VR: the duration is maximum for no more than 06 months;
- Visa with the symbol TT: the duration is maximum for no more than 12 months.
Unlike VR visa, foreigners who are granted a visa to visit Vietnam with the symbol TT will be considered for a Temporary Residence Card (TRC) with a similar symbol, with a stay period of up to 3 years.
What type of object is the Vietnam Relatives visa granted?
Subjects approved for Vietnam Relatives visa are:
- Foreigners are spouses and U18 children of foreign people who are working in Vietnam;
- OR foreigners are fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, and children of Vietnamese citizens.
To apply for a Relatives visa, foreigners need to prove their relationship through documents such as Certificate of Marriage, Birth Certificate, and Household Book. Besides, foreigners must be guaranteed by an individual or a company in Vietnam.
Vietnam Relatives Visa 2023
What do Relatives visa procedures include?
To apply for a Relatives visa, you need to conduct 2 steps below:
Step 1: Apply for Vietnam Approval Entry Letter - Purpose of visiting relatives
This is an important step if you want to apply for a Relatives visa. To get the Approval Entry Letter, the guarantee company in Vietnam must do the procedure at the Immigration Department to allow foreigners to enter Vietnam.
Step 2: Conduct the procedure to receive a Relatives visa (for foreigners)
Foreigners will receive the Relatives visa at the Embassy/ Consulate General of Vietnam in abroad, at the International Bordergates, or at Vietnamese International airports such as Noi Bai Airport, Tan Son Nhat Airport, Da Nang Airport, Cam Ranh or Phu Quoc Airport.
Things must be included in the Relatives visa documents
Step 1: Get the Approval Entry Letter which is suitable with the entry purpose
Approval Entry Letter with the entry purpose - Symbols of Visa: TT or VR.
*Documents to sponsor relatives of foreigners to Vietnam will be different, depending on each case:
- Foreigners who have Vietnam visa, sponsor relatives to apply for Vietnam Relatives visa;
- Or Vietnamese citizens sponsor his/ her relatives who are foreigners to apply for Vietnam Relatives visa.
>> Customers who demand to apply for the Vietnam Approval Entry Letter with the purpose of visiting relatives, contact [+84] 1900 6654 to get the instruction based on each specific case.
*Confirm the place to get Vietnam visa, you can choose 1 of the places below:
- Embassy or Consulate General of Vietnam abroad.
- The International Bordergates
- Vietnamese International airports such as Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Da Nang, Cam Ranh, or Phu Quoc.
*Documents proving the relationship to apply for Relatives visa for foreigners:
- Certificate of Marriage for spouses.
- Birth Certificate/ Household Book (for the sponsored person who is a parent, wife/ husband, child).
- Relationship Proof of document: Birth Certificate, Certificate of Marriage, Household book, ... (these documents must be consular legalized and translated into Vietnamese, except for cases in which consular legalization is exempted according to regulations in Article 9 of Decree No. 111/2011/ND-CP dated December 5, 2011 of the Government on Consular Certification and Legalization).
Step 2: Prepare documents to gain the Relatives visa for foreigners coming to Vietnam at Embassy/ Consulate General or International Bordergates and International Airport of Vietnam:
- The original passport is valid above 6 months and empty for at least 2 blanks.
- 2 photos with 4x6 and white background.
- Print the Approval Entry Letter (All the pages)
- Complete the Vietnamese visa application form
Things must be included in the Relatives visa documents
Where to submit the Relatives visa application form?
- In Vietnam: The unit issuing the Approval Entry Letter is the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Overseas: The agency receives documents which is the Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate General in the host country or at the border gate when entry.
How long does it take to get the Relatives visa?
For foreigners, the time to complete the Approval Entry Letter procedure is from 5 - 7 working days or longer. This will be depended on the nationality and the duration of the type of Vietnam visa. The time to issue the Relatives visa in Vietnam is no more than 5 working days from the date of receipt of complete documents.
Vietnam Relatives visa fees
Fees for granting the Relatives visa in Vietnam according to regulations of the Ministry of Finance, based on the duration of the visa granted as follows:
- 25USD/pax: for 1-month single entry visa, 3-month single entry visa
- 50USD/pax: for 1-month multiple entry visa, 3-month multiple entry visa
- 95USD/pax: for over 3 - 6 months multiple entry visa
- 135USD/pax: for 6 months - 1-year multiple entry visa
What is the distinction between the Vietnam visa service from Nhi Gia and other agencies?
The procedure for applying for a Relatives visa is quite complicated because the applicants need to prove different types of papers relating to the guarantor. You will waste a lot of time getting the visa for relatives coming to Vietnam, which will greatly affect the travel time as well as your effort.
In these cases, please use Relatives visa service of Nhi Gia. As one of the reputable companies on visa procedures for foreigners to Vietnam, Work Permits, Temporary Residence Cards, etc. Nhi Gia will help you complete the procedures fast, and save time with low fees to meet your loved ones as soon as possible.
Your job is to provide the necessary information. Nhi Gia can apply for Relatives visa during 2 - 4 days. In emergency cases, you can receive the visa in 1 to 2 hours. For those who do not have experience with visa stamping at the airport and do not know how to submit documents for visa stamping, Nhi Gia staff will assist in completing the procedure.
>> Contact information: hotline [+84] 1900 6654 or email: email@example.com
FAQ about Vietnam Relatives visa
Questions: “I have a child with a foreigner but we don’t have a Certificate of Marriage. Can I apply for a Relatives visa for my spouse?”
A Relatives visa is a document issued by a Competent Authority in Vietnam that allows foreigners to enter Vietnam. From there, TT visa is issued to foreigners who are parents, spouses, and children of Vietnamese citizens (Clause 18, Article 8 of the Law on entry, exit, transit, and residence of foreigners in Vietnam).
Thus, in case you and your spouse have not registered for marriage but you and your wife have children, your spouse is completely entitled to enter Vietnam in the form of visiting relatives. However, to get the Relatives visa, your spouse must have documents proving paternity with your child to be granted a visa.
Relatives visa is one of the visas which is cared for by foreigners coming to Vietnam. Hopefully, through the information above, you might understand more about the required documents to apply for this type of visa. Contact Nhi Gia Trading & Service Co., Ltd at the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for the fastest advice and support.
Questions: “Can Vietnam Relatives visa be extended?”
Yes. Foreigners in Vietnam under the Relatives visa category can carry out procedures to renew Vietnam visa according to regulations. However, with Relatives visa symbol TT, many people choose to make a Temporary Residence Card to visit relatives to stay in Vietnam for a long time without extending the visa.