If a Vietnamese wants to enter the UK to marry their fiance (who is a UK citizen), he/ she must apply for a UK fiance visa. This type of visa is valid for 6 months and is issued when you & your partner will marry during the duration of the visa.
>> The information about the conditions, required documents, and processing time will be revealed below:
Table of Contents
What is the UK fiancé/ fiancée visa?
UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa is a short-term visa which allows foreigners (whose countries are not in the EEA) to marry UK citizens. Foreigners can also live with UK citizens or people who permanently stay in the United Kingdom.
UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa is valid for 6 months and is issued when you attend to marry your partner in the duration. Foreigners who have this visa can NOT work in the United Kingdom.
After marriage, foreigners must apply to change their visa status from Fiance visa to UK Spouse visa. When a foreigner holds a UK Spouse visa, he/ she can legally stay in the United Kingdom within 30 months (2 years 6 months) and can extend the duration. In addition, foreigners can work or study in the UK without any constraints.
Conditions to apply for the UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa
The applicants and their partners must meet the conditions below:
- Both need to be 18 or over
- The applicant and the proposed civil partner must marry in 6 months (in the duration of UK fiance visa)
- Your partner must be a British citizen (or have settled in the UK - for example). They must be present in the United Kingdom at the time of applying for the visa.
- You and your partner must intend to live together forever in the UK after marriage.
- Financial proof that the sponsor (or themselves and the sponsor) has a minimum annual income of £18,600 per year and will not become a financial burden to the state.
- Must demonstrate adequate accommodation to live together (including dependents).
- Suppose the applicant is from a non-English-speaking country. In that case, you need to take a test to prove that you can understand and communicate in English at level A1 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEFR).
- Must prove any previous marriage has ended.
The newest UK fiance visa application form
- Personal information (name, date of birth)
- Valid passport (attach copies of all old passport and visa pages)
- Proof of relationship with the sponsor (including how long you two have been together, how often and how often you meet,...)
- Details of previous relationship (who was married/has children)
- Divorce certificate (if any)
- Your criminal record if any
- Details of the foreign country you have lived and visited (other than the UK)
- Information about your parent(s) if applying from outside the UK
Other proof documents:
- Pass the SELT test (Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening) at least at A1.
Relationship between the applicant and the guarantee:
- Joint account balance confirmation
- Documents proving the commonplace of 2 people
- Birth certificate (if you have a child together)
- Letters from family, friends, and people around you can confirm your relationship
- The aggregate income per year is at least £18.600 (if you have dependent people, you’ll need to earn an extra: £3,800 for your first child; £2,400 a year for each child you have after your first child)
- The applicant must give: Income tax reporting as required; Income paid by the business; Business finance (if any); Savings book; Payments received from sick days, maternity leave, pensions, etc.; Real estate financial income (rent, land, ...)
>>The UK Home Office will consider and might ask for additional documents for the process (for each case). To know more about the procedure to grant a UK fiance visa, contact us directly at [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788!
The processing time for the UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa
There is no regulation about the processing time of the UK Fiance visa. The average time is from 2 to 3 months after the applicant submits the application form.
There are many elements that affect the processing time: complete/accurate application form, clear applicant information easy to verify, quick process of additional required documents, etc. If you want to take the visa as fast as possible, prepare complete documents - meet the requirements and standards of the British Government.
The fees for UK Fiance visa
UK Fiancé/ Fiancée visa processing fee is £1,538 when applying outside the UK or £1,048 when filing inside the UK. In addition to the mandatory fee, the applicant needs to complete other fees such as medical examination fee, dependent fee, biometric fee, and application processing fee, etc.
>> To know more about the fee, contact [+84] 1900 6654!
Customer support information
Some problems might happen while preparing the visa application form:
- Not knowing clearly about the conditions and requirements for required documents.
- Proof of the relationship between the applicant and the guarantor is not clear or convincing.
- Prepare incomplete or invalid documents
Nhi Gia understands the difficulties that most customers are facing. Accordingly, the team of UK visa specialists at Nhi Gia is ready to assist customers with every step of the registration process and get the fastest UK fiancé/fiancee visa:
- Free consultation for customers. Depending on the customer's schedule consult by phone or in person at the office.
- Assess the ability and conditions of the applicant/guarantor for the fiancé/fiancée visa.
- Guide customers to prepare necessary documents.
- On behalf of the client, complete all paperwork in accordance with the regulations of the British Home Office
- Follow up on the UK visa application process
- Support and advice: UK entry procedures (including flight ticket booking), conversion to UK visa for spouse, etc.
To learn more about the service and the benefits customers will receive, please contact Nhi Gia now:
- Hotline: 1900 6654 - 0906 736 788
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 186-188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 09, District 08, HCMC
A team of British immigration consultants with nearly 20 years of experience will support customers to answer questions most enthusiastically!