Next to the PV1 visa, foreign journalists can also be granted a PV2 visa when entering Vietnam. So, PV2 Journalist visa is granted for which cases? What does the application process include? All will be answered by Nhi Gia in this article.
What is a PV2 visa?
Vietnam PV2 visa allows foreigners to work in the press industry. However, unlike PV1 visa for permanent residence, PV2 visa is only granted to foreigners working for a short term in Vietnam.
Specifically, the regulations on visa symbols in Article 8 of the Immigration Law No. 47/2014/QH13 are as follows: "PV2 - Issued to reporters and presses for short-term activities in Vietnam".
Conditions to apply for a Vietnam PV2 visa
To apply for a PV2 Journalist visa, foreigners must ensure that the following conditions are met:
- Have a valid passport or international travel document
- Not banned from entering Vietnam
- Guaranteed by an organization, company or enterprise lawfully operating in Vietnam
- There are documents proving the purpose of entry, papers proving the journalist's profession of a foreigner (For example reporter card, journalist, ...)
The duration of Vietnam PV2 visa
According to the Immigration Law, Vietnam PV2 visa is granted to foreigners for a period not exceeding 01 year. Therefore, foreigners can only grant PV2 visa with a maximum period of 1 year.
Note: Unlike the case of PV1 visa, foreigners with PV2 visas are not eligible for temporary residence cards. Therefore, foreign Journalists whose PV2 visas are about to expire should carry out the application procedures for new/renewal PV2 visas according to regulations.
>> For more details about the visa application for each category, call immediately the hotline at [+84] 1900 6654 for specific advice from Nhi Gia visa experts.
Application for PV2 Journalist visa
Foreign reporters and journalists who wish to enter Vietnam for business purposes need to prepare the following documents to apply for a PV2 visa:
- An application form for a Vietnam Journalist visa according to NA1 form
- 02 photos were taken with white background size 4x6cm
- Valid Original passport has at least 2 blank pages
- Documents proving the purpose of entry, occupation as a reporter, journalist
- Invitation letter (Approval Entry Letter) for foreign reporters to work in Vietnam
- And other related documents as requested by the Immigration Department.
Notes when preparing the application for a PV2 visa:
- The guarantee unit needs to apply for anApproval Entry Letter for foreign reporters before applying for a PV2 visa. For details on the application for a Journalist visa, please call immediately the hotline at [+84] 1900 6654 for specific advice.
- Make sure to fill in and check the information on the form carefully before submitting it.
- Foreign documents need to be legalized for consular certification.
- The visa fee depends on the time and number of entries. Applicants can pay fees in Vietnam Dong (VND) or US Dollars (USD), but not for online payment or by bank transfer (except for electronic visa issuance).
How long does it take to process PV2 visa for foreign reporters?
According to regulations, the processing time for PV2 visa applications for foreign journalists is about 5 working days (maximum 7-10 working days) from the time the competent authority receives the appropriate documents.
- In some cases, the processing time may be longer than prescribed because the applicant needs to add some other relevant documents.
- The time and place to receive the visa result will be clearly stated in the receipt when the business applies directly to the competent authority.
Vietnam PV2 visa application fees
The PV2 visa application fees are specified in Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BTC specifically as follows:
- Single entry visa: 25 USD/pcs
- Visa types with validity of no more than 03 months: 50 USD/pcs
- Visa types with validity from more than 03 to 06 months: 95 USD/pcs
- Visa types with validity from more than 06 months to 12 months: 135 USD/pcs
Apply for a PV2 visa with Nhi Gia
Above is all the basic information as well as the application for the PV2 visa that Nhi Gia wants to share with you. To be granted a visa quickly, you need to pay attention to the legal documentation procedures when applying for a visa following the current regulations of the Immigration Department.
During the process, if the applicant or guarantor does not have much time to apply for a PV2 visa, contact Nhi Gia immediately to get support to apply for PV2 visa.
Nhi Gia - a company always offers the best visa services, Temporary Residence Cards, Work Permits, Approval Entry Letter, etc. will help you get a Journalist visa in the fastest way.
- Get free advice from visa experts with nearly 20 years of experience.
- Check and evaluate the accuracy of the documents.
- Support customers to complete the procedures and application for a PV2 visa.
- Support to handle difficult visa applications, and urgent visas.
- Transparency costs - costs are only incurred when there is a request to use the service.
- Closed process - commit to confidentiality of all customer information.
- Ensure a high pass rate as soon as possible according to the contract agreement.
>> Contact immediately Nhi Gia for quick PV2 visa support by: Calling the hotline at [+84] 1900 6654, or Email: email@example.com. Or go directly to the office address: 186 - 188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 9, District 8, Ho Chi Minh City.