Many people are confused about how to apply for a Mexico visa. In this article, Nhi Gia will instruct you to know more about the procedure for applying for this visa.
Table of Contents
Vietnamese citizens are exempt from applying for a Mexico visa in which cases?
Mexico's Government does not officially apply the visa exemption policy for Vietnamese citizens. However, if Vietnamese (or foreigners) owning any legal papers will be exempted from applying for a Mexico visa within no more than 180 days of staying (only carrying out unpaid activities such as traveling and going on business)
- Visa (still valid): Visa from the US, Japan, British, Canada, Schengen Visa (a country in Schengen).
- Resident card: Canada, Chile, Colombia, Japan, Peru, British, America, or one of the countries in Schengen.
- Other: People hold APEC business cards. And some other cases of entry: entry by sea, crew members, etc.
Vietnamese citizen is not included in the visa exemption if he or she enters Mexico for any purpose relating to travel, business, relatives, study, etc.
Procedure: Mexico visa application
Step 1: Prepare the application form. The rate of passing a visa to Mexico depends a lot on the documents and information you provide in your application.
- The passport is valid for more than 6 months (including duplicate).
- Two photos 3.5*4cm taken no more than 30 days with white background.
- The visa application is according to the form of the Embassy.
- Resident card, temporary card, and visa are legal (in case you are not Vietnamese citizen)
Proof of work (Certificate of work)
- Employees: Labour contract, letter for leave to travel, salary statement of the last 3 months.
- Enterprises: Business registration certificate, tax payment receipt for the last 3 months.
- Retired: Retirement book, Retirement decision.
Proof of finance
+ Bank savings book.
+ House Ownership Certificate, Certificate of land use rights, car.
Notice: All the documents must be translated into Spanish and notarized (in case the documents are not English).
If the purpose of the journey is going on business or visiting relatives, you need to provide an invitation letter invited by individuals, organizations, and agencies in Mexico and other documents as required.
Step 2: Set an appointment with the Embassy
Access the MEXITEL system to set the appointment:
After that, you must print and carry it when submitting the documents to the Consular Generate.
Step 3: Submit the Mexico visa application
The Consular Generate of Mexico in Hanoi (Vietnam) is the ONLY PLACE processing the vis application. After conducting the steps above, you can submit the application form at
Mexican Embassy in Hanoi:
Address: No. 14 Thuy Khue, Room P033, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
Working hours: From Monday to Friday 9 a.m -13 p.m (excluding Mexican and Vietnamese public holidays)
After the consular interview, the visa processing time will be notified by the Embassy in maximum of 10 working days (excluding the submission date, Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays as prescribed by the Mexican Embassy)
Latest Mexico visa application fee
The fee for applying for a Mexican visa (in 2022) from the Mexican Embassy in Hanoi is 48 USD (The fee is paid in cash, and only received in USD). This mandatory fee is non-refundable even if the visa is not granted.
Experience to apply for a Mexico visa
- You need to prepare sufficient documents following the requirements because the Embassy might cancel the interview if your documents are incomplete.
- Mexico visa application is only accepted if you had an appointment before.
- You must prove your financial ability with sufficient documents proving that you can pay for the trip.
- You can prove your relationship in Vietnam (such as having children or marriage). This will increase the documents’ successful percentage.
- Your passport has been to developed countries and has a visa stamp.
- Mexico visa application will be processed in at least 10 working days. In case your documents might have some problems, you should conduct the procedure one month early.
- In the interview, unless you declare information truthfully, your visa application will be refused and listed on the blacklist of the Mexico Consular Generate.
Through this article, Nhi Gia ensures that you can get more useful information about the Mexico visa procedure. However, if you don’t have enough time to prepare, contact Nhi Gia at [+84] 1900 6654 to have a consultation.