How long does it take to apply for a Japanese visa? Usually, the processing time for a Japanese visa is from 8 to 10 days. For each circumstance (such as submitting additional papers, peak season, etc), the processing time might be longer than usual.
>> Keep reading and you will get the valuable information
Table of Contents
The processing time for a Japanese visa
- Receive the visa application: 8:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m (From Mon to Fri, except holidays)
- Announce the result: 1:30 p.m - 4:45 p.m (From Mon to Fri, except holidays)
*Notice: The Consulate General Japan DO NOT receive the visa application at the Japanese Visa window. The visa application will be received if you book the appointment through email before visiting. Email for registering: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who intend to apply for a Japanese visa should apply through a prestige company during this time (except for circumstances).
> Processing and receiving Japanese visa applications: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788 <
How long does it take to apply for a Japanese visa?
Usually, the processing time for a Japanese visa is predicted:
- The processing time will be counted after the day that they receive the visa application (at least 8 working days).
- If you submit the visa application through the third part, the processing time is at least 5 working days.
- The length of the processing time above is the minimized time which means it might be longer than the prediction. You can get the result after a few weeks.
- The amount of visa applications is higher than the prediction so there is no certain regulation for the processing time. the Consulate General will not answer any question relating to the time for the result. (Nhi Gia can update the newest notification from the Consulate General).
- If the amount of visa applications in a day is higher than the maximum amount, the Consulate General Japan won’t receive any applications. ( Notice: At that time, the processing time and announcement of the result are continuing).
- The visa application is REFUSED if it is incomplete.
- For each case, the Consulate General will ask you to add more necessary papers or to have an interview during the processing time. If you don’t meet the requirement, they will end the processing of your visa application.
- The Japanese Consulate General DOES NOT PROVIDE the particular grounds for the visa denial.
>> You should submit your visa application before the entry day (3 months). If you want to be supported with consultation or instructions, contact [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 376 788.
The fees for a Japanese visa (until March 31, 2023)
- One-entry visa: 640.000 VND
- Multiple-entry visa: 1.280.000 VND
- Transit visa: 150.000 VND
- Extend the duration of the re-entry permit: 640.000 VND
Notice: Those are compulsory fees that are paid at the Consulate General. These fees do not include other fees such as process documents, notarized translations, etc. If you want to know more about the fees for a Japanese visa, contact the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for more information.
Visa package service at Ho Chi Minh City
Visas are supported
Nhi Gia supports:
1. Short-term Stay visa
- Transit Visa
- Visiting relatives Visa (spouse/children) of Japanese people
- Visa to visit acquaintances, Tourist Visa
- Business visa, attending conferences, seminars, short-term training
- Short-term stay visa (multiple times).
2. Long-term visa
The basic Japanese visa application
- Hold a valid passport with at least 6 months
- A completed visa application form
- Provide 2 photos with white background (4.5*4.5) which are taken in the last 3 months.
- Personal documents: household, birth certificate, marriage certificate, and so on.
- Proof of work (business owners, employees, students,...)
- Proof of financial ability: savings book, account balance, etc.
- Provide detailed schedule plans.
- Booking confirmation from the Hotel.
Notice: You need to have a duplicate for papers returning the original (birth certificate, marriage certificate,...)
For specific application instructions, please call the hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788 for the professional and prompt support service of Nhi Gia.