Many customers misunderstand or have some trouble preparing for an Australian Marriage visa (Prospective/ Marriage visa). Nhi Gia summarized the information (conditions, requirements, fees, and so on) about 3 types of Marriage visas (visa 300, visa 309/100, and visa 820/801) in this article.
Table of Contents
- What is a Marriage visa?
- Types of this visa
- Distinguish 3 types of Australian visas
- The visa application (updated in 2022)
- The fees for applying
- Get a complimentary consultation from Nhi Gia’s expert NOW
What is a Marriage visa?
This visa lets the present partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia.
Types of this visa
The Partner visa includes 3 types:
- Prospective Marriage visa - subclass 300
- Provisional and Migrant visa - subclass 309/100 (apply for a visa outside Australia);
- Partner visa - subclass 820/801 (apply for a visa inside Australia).
Prospective Marriage visa - Subclass 300
This visa is a temporary visa that is issued for unofficial married people. You can have this visa if
- You want to marry your fiancé who is living in Australia.
- You want to apply for a Partner visa (subclass 820/801) in Australia.
Provision and Migrant visa - Subclass 309/100 (Apply outside Australia)
The visa lets the de facto partner or spouse (including unofficial wife/ husband) of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, live in Australia. The conditions to have this type of visa:
- You must be outside Australia when you apply for this visa. The family who applies with you must also be outside Australia.
- Visa subclass 100 is only issued for people who already have visa 309.
- The application for visas 309 and 100 must be submitted together. If you are eligible, you can have visa subclass 100 after 2 years holding visa 309.
Partner visa - Subclass 820/801 (Apply inside Australia)
This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia.
- Visa subclass 820/801 is only issued for people who are married and living in Australia (when applying for a visa).
- Visa 801 (a permanent visa) will be granted when the applicant already owns visa 820 (a temporary visa).
- The application for visas 820 and 801 must be submitted together. If you are eligible, you can have visa subclass 801 to stay permanently in Australia after 2 years holding visa 820.
Distinguish 3 types of Australian visas
Subjects invited, guaranteed
Financé/ financée of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
Partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia.
Duration of visa
From 9 to 15 months
(temporary stay until having visa 801 OR withdraw a visa application)
Convert a visa
To be able to apply for visa 820/801 if the applicant is eligible
After 2 years holding 309, you will be considered to have a visa 100 to permanent stay in Australia.
After 2 years holding 309, you will be considered to have a visa 820 to permanent stay in Australia.
*Requirement: Proof your relationship is ongoing.
Complimentary learning English program
Freely studying (no limited time)
Must be outside Australia before having a visa
Must be outside Australia at the time submitting the application
Must stay in Australia at the time submitting the application
The visa application (updated in 2022)
The following are the documents required to apply for an Australian Marriage visa (married/engaged/ live together without marry) for visa applicants:
- Application for Migration to Australia (Marriage/Engagement) - Form 47SP;
- Request for permission to share personal information;
- A 4*6cm photo taken in the last 6 months;
- Birth Certificate, Passport, Household Book, and ID card;
- A local authority-certified curriculum vitae;
- Marriage certificate (married/divorced, etc.);
- Criminal record;
- Declaration signed by the inviter/guarantor;
- Proof of a fiancé/fiancée relationship or marriage: images of vacation together, engagement event, wedding, living together, etc.
- Evidence of mutual financial commitment (where applicable);
- Other papers (depending on the situation of the applicant/ guarantor).
>> The visa application needs different types of papers so the applicants must prepare carefully before applying. To know about the newest information about the procedures of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, contact (+84) 1900 6654 - (+84) 906 736 788.
The fees for applying
From July 1st, 2022 the Department of Immigration of Australia announces the new fees.
- Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300): 8,085 AUD per application form.
- Provisional and Migrant visa (subclass 309/100): 8,085 AUD per application form.
- Partner visa (subclass 820/801): 8,085 AUD per application form.
Notice: The fees above are set for visa applications of 309 & 100 and 820 & 801.
The following is an obligatory fee payable at the Australian Immigration Department, excluding fees for criminal records, health checks, biometrics, application processing, and so on.
>> If you want to have detailed information for each type of visa, click nhigia.vn/en or contact Nhi Gia at (+84) 1900 6654 - (+84) 906 736 788.
Get a complimentary consultation from Nhi Gia’s expert NOW
To prepare the application form is quite difficult for those who have no experience before. However, if you have any questions, contact Nhi Gia RIGHT NOW to have a free consultation about the Australian Marriage visa!
- Complimentary consultation about the procedure, requirements, and papers.
- Evaluate the percentage of success for each situation of customers.
- Updates new information/ regulations from the Australian Immigration Department
- Work with a visa expert who has 20 years of experience and achieves a license from the Migration Agents Registration Authority.
- Always track and update the application status.
- Delivery of your application and visa status to your home.
To register for the consultation: Nhi Gia Trading and Service Company Limited
- Address: 186-188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 9, District 8, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Email: email@example.com