Currently, Vietnamese citizens who want to enter Canada may conduct an online Canada visa application at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). In this article, Nhi Gia will provide the most detailed instructions on online Canada visa application to help customers save time and effort as well as ensure a high visa pass rate!
The most detailed instructions on online Canada visa application
What are the differences between offline and online Canada visa application?
The Government of Canada has applied the online visa application form for Vietnamese citizens. So, what is the difference between the online Canada visa application compared to the offline Canada visa application directly at the Visa Application Center? Let’s take a look at the following comparison table:
Online Canada visa application (Now)
Offline Canada visa application (Before)
Need to make an appointment with CVAC to get biometric information (fingerprint, photograph).
Apply and pay the fee online at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Apply and pay the fee directly at the Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC).
- Keep the original passport while waiting for the application review.
- Submit original passport and Passport Request Letter at CVAC upon request
The original passport must be submitted when applying.
Online Canada visa application (Tourist, Business)
- Application form for the Tourist visa (temporary visa) - Form IMM5257
- Certified copy of Passport with all pages (or other international valid travel documents)
- Copy of previous travel documents, such as old passport, issued US visa,...
- Financial documents (Labor contract, bank account statement for the last 4 months,...)
- 01 photo upon request
- Copy of expected travel schedule: Air ticket, detailed travel schedule, medical insurance, etc.
- Family Information Declaration - Form IMM5645
- Customer information
- And other documents to support the visa processing depending on each specific case.
>> To prepare a complete - accurate and valid online visa application, please contact [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788, a Canada visa specialist with nearly 20 years of experience will provide you with detail information!
Detailed instructions on online Canada visa application
Step 1: Determine the type of visa
Applicants should determine the type of visa according to their needs and check if they are eligible to apply for the same and prepare required documents.
Step 2: Prepare documents to apply for the Canada visa online
Prepare the documents listed above and other supporting documents as the case may be.
Step 3: Create an account or Log in to your GCKey account
Applicants should save their username and password (Username & Password). Remember your answers so that when you forget your password or re-login, the system will randomly ask you a few questions (as shown below).
Step 4: Upload your documents to the online Canada visa application system
After successfully logging into the GCKey account, the applicant needs to:
1. Answer the questions to determine the type of visa, and the necessary documents when applying for a visa for your entry purpose according to the specific case.
2. After answering all the questions, the applicant uploads prepared documents (which are scanned) as shown below:
Step 5: Pay the fees
After checking the required documents and submitting the online Canada visa application successfully, applicants need to pay the visa application fees prescribed by the Government of Canada and the Biometric fee (if required) according to the instructions.
Step 6: Make an appointment with CVAC to get biometric information
Applicants need to make an appointment with CVAC to obtain biometric information. After completing the biometric registration (fingerprint and photography), you will receive a receipt confirming that you provided your biometrics at CVAC. This will be updated information directly to the consulate.
Step 7: Submit the original passport
After 8-12 weeks of the decision on your online Canada visa application, you will receive a Letter of Request for the Submitting the Original Passport (and other supporting documents) via registered email from IRCC.
The applicant must bring the Original Passport and print the Letter of Request for the Submitting the Original Passport to submit it at the Canada Visa Application Center for visa stamping.
Step 8: Get the results of the online Canadian visa application form
Canada visa is granted for a period of up to 10 years or full passport validity according to specific cases.
Online Canada application fees
- Online Canada visa application fees: 100 CAD
- Biometric fee: 85 CAD (equivalent to 70 USD)
In addition to the above fees, the applicant needs to pay the notarized translation fee, passport delivery fee, etc.
Processing time of online Canada visa
Normally, the processing time of the online Canada visa application is about 2-3 months if the application is complete and accurate. In many cases: during peak season, the need to supplement information, verify information, etc., the time for online Canadian visa approval may be longer.
>> To get support in the online visa application, please call [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788!
Experience in online Canada visa application for newcomers
According to the experience of handling documents for more than 1.000 cases, a team of visa specialists with nearly 20 years of experience at Nhi Gia said that when applying for a Canada visa online, newcomers have a high rate of failure. Because the applicant will have to face the difficulties in registering for a GCKey account, uploading the documents with incorrect format/size, missing documents, etc.
Therefore, to avoid being rejected for an online Canada visa application for the first time, applicants need to carefully look up and follow the requirements.
- Each file needs to be converted to the correct PDF format (JPEG format just applicable for photo only)
- Only one file can be uploaded for each section
- Size of each file shall be in accordance with standards
- Prepare proof of work and financial documents
- Documents need notarized translation into English or French
Nhi Gia hopes that the information above will be useful for customers who are in need of a Canada visa (travel, business, etc.). In case customers do not have time to find out information but want to ensure a quick application, support with all-inclusive procedures from A to Z, ensure the highest visa pass rate, etc., contact us immediately:
Nhi Gia Service and Trading Co., Ltd
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 186-188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 09, District 08, HCMC
Beside consulting - making a package visa, Nhi Gia also supports customers with other services: booking air tickets, hotel reservation, buying travel insurance, travel tours, applying for work permits, temporary residence cards, etc. If you have any demand, please contact us for 24/7 support!