Vietnamese citizens, foreigners who come to China to work or conduct commercial activities in a short time, etc. shall prepare documents to apply for a Chinese Business Visa (M visa) as usual. The Chinese Business Visa application form shall be submitted at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center authorized by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in Vietnam.
>> Detailed information on Chinese Business Visa is updated below:
Table of Contents
- What is a Chinese Business Visa?
- Chinese Business Visa application
- Chinese Business Visa application procedures
- Chinese visa application fees
- Processing time of the Chinese Business Visa
What is a Chinese Business Visa?
A Chinese Business Visa (M visa) is a visa for Vietnamese citizens, and foreigners coming to China to work or conduct commercial activities in a short time.
To apply for a Chinese Business Visa, applicants are required to fill out the online visa application form, make an appointment, and go to the China Visa Application Service Center to submit the application and affix fingerprints.
Chinese business visa (M visa)
Chinese Business Visa application
- Passport valid for 6 months or more
- Copy of National Identity Card/Citizen Identification
- Copy of previous Chinese visa (if any)
- China visa application form (must be signed by the applicant)
- 01 photo 48mm × 33mm according to the passport standards taking recently
- Proof of legal stay or residence in Vietnam (in case the applicant is a foreigner)
- Chinese passport or previous Chinese visa (in case you used to have Chinese nationality, then acquired foreign nationality)
Documents for purpose of business:
Beside the basic documents, when applying for a Chinese Business Visa, applicants need to supplement the following documents:
- Invitation letter for economic and trade fairs of Chinese partners
- Household registry or Certificate of residence (in case of visa application for the first time)
- Business license or Letter of dispatch from the unit
- Copy of previous M visa (in case of multiple visa applications)
- Some other documents are required in each case.
Note: Applicants need to make sure that the Chinese Business Visa application documents are genuine with no error. They must avoid providing wrong information or falsifying documents which will lead to being refused visa / or refused entry.
Fill out Chinese visa application information online
>> Contact [+84] 1900 6654 to get instructions on applying for a visa!
Chinese Business Visa application procedures
Step 1: Prepare documents
Once the applicants have prepared the required documents listed above, they need to make an appointment with the Visa Application Service Center; then, print the appointment letter and bring it to the Visa Application Service Center together with the prepared documents.
Step 2: Submit the application form
Applicants can go directly to the Visa Application Service Center or entrust Nhi Gia to submit the application form on behalf of the applicant. For the Chinese Business Visa, applicants should submit the application one month before the expected departure date.
Step 3: Pay the fees and receive the visa
An appointment letter to return the results of the Chinese Business Visa will be provided as soon as you submit your application. The estimated time will be indicated on such appointment letter. Please arrive on the appointed date to receive your passport.
Chinese visa application fees
When applying for a Chinese visa, the Chinese Business Visa application fees for Vietnamese citizens will be based on the number of entries, specifically as follows:
- Single entry visa: USD 60
- Double entry visa: USD 90
- 6-month multiple-entry visa: 120 USD
- 1 year and more than 1-year multiple-entry visa: USD 180
In case, the applicant is a citizen of the United States, Canada, or a citizen of a third country (foreigner in Vietnam) and needs to apply for a Chinese visa, the fee rate as prescribed by the Consulate is as follows:
- Single entry visa: USD 140 (American); USD 80 (Canadian); USD 30 (citizen of a 3rd country)
- Double entry visa: USD 140 (American); USD 80 (Canadian); USD 45 (citizen of a 3rd country)
- 6-month multiple-entry visa: USD 140 (American); USD 80 (Canadian); USD 60 (citizen of a 3rd country)
- 1 year and more than 1-year multiple-entry visa: USD 140 (American); USD 80 (Canadian); 90 USD (citizen of a 3rd country)
Beside the visa fees to be paid to the Embassy/Consulate, the applicant must pay the applicable service fees for the Chinese Visa Application Service Center of 685,000 VND/document. The above fees do not include fees for notarized translation, printing of documents, ... (if necessary).
>> For the package cost when applying for a Chinese Business Visa, please contact [+84] 1900 6654 for an accurate quote on each specific case!
Processing time of the Chinese Business Visa
The processing time of the Chinese visa application is from 04 to 07 working days from the date of receipt of all documents (this is the normal visa application time). For cases that require additional documents, information verification, falling into force majeure, etc., the processing time may longer, and will not be included in the normal visa application time.
Question 1: How do read Chinese visas for newcomers?
(1) Category: Type of the visa
(2) Enter before: The expiration date of the previous visa
(3) Issue date
(4) Full name: Name of people who hold the visa
(5) Birth date of people who hold the visa
(6) Number of entries
(7) Duration of stay
(8) Issued at: the place where the applicant receive the visa
(9) Passport number
Question 2: Is it possible to apply for a Chinese Business Visa online?
No. Currently, to apply for a Chinese visa for commercial purposes, Vietnamese citizens need to prepare sufficient, valid documents, then make an appointment, and submit it to the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
Question 3: Is it possible to authorize someone else to apply for a visa?
As mentioned above, applicants can directly go to the Visa Application Service Center to submit the visa application or authorize an experienced Chinese visa applicant. For visa applications, the applicant will directly submit the application and affix fingerprints at the Visa Application Service Center after making an appointment.
Opening hours of the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi
- Hanoi: 7th floor, Truong Thinh Building, Trang An Complex, No. 1 Phung Chi Kien Street, Nghia Do Ward, Cau Giay District
- HCMC: 16th Floor, Saigon Trade Center, 37 Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe, District 1
- Office hours: Monday to Friday (except weekends and public holidays)
- Application time: 9:00 to 15:00
- Time to return results: 9:00 to 15:00
Operation time of Nhi Gia Trading and Service Co., Ltd (Visa-applying unit with nearly 20 years of experience)
- Office hours: Every Monday to Saturday (except weekends and public holidays)
- Working hours: 8 a.m to 05:30 p.m (Saturday: from 8 a.m to 4 p.m)
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788
- Address: 186-188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 09, District 08, HCMC
Customers who need advice on Chinese visa application procedures or register for a package visa service (entry purposes: work, tourism, visiting relatives, study abroad, etc.), please contact Nhi Gia for support from A to Z!