Australian Embassy/ Consulate Generate CAN NOT provide a “support letter” or “Certificate of Australian Citizenship” to children who were born in Vietnam and have an Australian father/ mother (or both). However, if the children want to apply for Australian passport, they must have the Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
>> Below is Nhi Gia’s instruction on conditions, documents, and procedures when applying for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship. Track the information:
Table of Contents
- Conditions to have Certificate of Australian Citizenship (based on blood-relationship)
- Documents required to apply for an Australian Citizenship Certificate
- The procedure while applying for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship
- Processing time of the Certificate of Australian Citizenship
- The fees for the procedure
- Support 24/7
Conditions to have Certificate of Australian Citizenship (based on blood-relationship)
According to Australian Law, children who were born outside of Australia and have an Australian father/ mother are eligible to have Australian Citizenship. However, parents must apply for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship (based on the blood-relationship).
The applicant CAN NOT apply for the Australian Passport if they don’t have the Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
The conditions to apply for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship:
- Children were born outside of Australia
- Have at least an Australian father or mother at the time the children were born.
- A satisfactory criminal record is required if the candidate is 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
Documents required to apply for an Australian Citizenship Certificate
Parents must supply the papers below:
1. Personal papers:
- The birth certificate has both parents’ names (or Household, Passport)
- Proof of any name change (if any)
- Complete the Australian Citizenship application form - Form 1195 Identity Declaration
- Confirmation of a parent who is an Australian citizen
2. Criminal Records
3. Proof of Australian Citizenship of parents
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Australian Citizenship (or other proof of papers)
4. Proof of parent's Australian residence
5. A photo
6. Other required papers (based on each situation)
*If the applicant is 16 years old and above, submit more papers:
- Australian driver's license, ID card, Passport, student’s ID,... (if you are 16 years old and above)
- Residential address information: electricity/gas/water bill, tenancy contract.
*All documents must be translated into English.
>> If you want to know how to prepare the documents, contact Nhi Gia at [+84] 1900 6654 to get support from Australian Immigration specialists.
The procedure while applying for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship
Step 1: Check for eligible conditions
Make sure that the applicant is eligible to have Australian Citizenship before applying for the certificate.
Step 2: Prepare the required documents after meeting every condition
*Prepare the required documents carefully following the requirements. Each person will have a certain situation so the documents will also be different. However, if you want to make sure about preparing papers, contact Nhi Gia’s experience experts to get instructions.
Step 3: Apply for the Australian Citizenship
Register online at ImmiAccount
Step 4: Wait for the result
- Australian Immigration might require adding more papers so you should check your email regularly.
- Announce the agency if you want to change your information (after registering)
- If your application is approved, you will get the announcement.
Step 5: Receive Certificate of Australian Citizenship
After receiving the Certificate of Australian Citizenship, parents can apply for the Australian passport. If you want to know more about applying Australian passport procedure, you can track it at nhigia.vn or contact directly at [+84] 1900 6654.
Processing time of the Certificate of Australian Citizenship
The minimum processing time is 50 days and the maximum is 4 months. Some elements below might affect the processing time.
- Is the profile complete and accurate as required?
- Are the response time and additional information and documents when requested fast or slow?
- Time to check the authenticity of the information that the applicant, the guarantor has provided.
- The country to which the applicant is applying and the time to submit the relevant citizenship documents.
In case the applicants apply for the Certificate of Australian Citizenship, Australian Immigration will print it after they approve the application form.
- If applying within Australia: it will take an extra 2 weeks to print and send your Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
- If applying from outside Australia: printing and mailing may take up to 6 weeks, please provide the correct address.
The fees for the procedure
The fee for this procedure is 315 AUD per application form. For the second application (submit at the same time), the fee will be 130 AUD per application form.
Besides, while preparing documents, applicants must pay other fees such as fees for issuance of Criminal Records, Notarized Translation, Document Printing, etc.
>> Contact [+84] 1900 6654 to obtain a precise price on the entire process of applying for Certificate of Australian Citizenship.
Australia is one of the top countries for living. This is the reason why having the Certificate of Australian Citizenship is the basic base to own the Australian passport and receive the most valuable things.
To avoid wasting time and money, you can contact Nhi Gia to get prompt support as well as good service.
Customers who choose Nhi Gia will be personally counseled by a team of Immigration professionals who have been licensed by the Australian Government, have over 20 years of expertise and are educated in Immigration Law, Visa Law, and Economic Law - talent key nations.
Nhi Gia will accompany customers throughout the process of preparing and completing the procedures to get the Australian Citizenship Certificate as quickly as possible!
Contact information Nhi Gia Trading and Service Co., Ltd
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org