Children who are under 18 years old own a Certificate of Australian Citizenship and can apply for an Australian Passport at the Consulate General in Vietnam following the procedure of the Migration Institute of Australia. Below is the information about the application form, processing time, required fees, and other important information.
Table of Contents
- Requirement: Apply for the Australian Passport
- Australian Passport Application for children (U18)
- Application for Australian Passport fee (for U18 children)
- Where to submit the application form in Vietnam
- Do children need to present when applying for an Australian Passport?
- How long will the applicant receive the Australian passport?
- Prestigious service for applying Australian Passport in HCMC
Requirement: Apply for the Australian Passport
If the applicant is children (under 18), parents will apply for the Australian Passport
- If the applicant is under 16 years old, he/ she doesn’t have to present when applying for the passport.
- If the applicant is 16 to 18 years old, he/ she doesn’t have to present when applying for the passport.
When submitting the application form, the applicant needs to give:
- Valid Australian Passport.
- 2 photos taken no more than 6 months.
Australian Passport Application for children (U18)
- Old Australian Passport
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Australian Citizenship (if the child was born abroad)
- 2 photos
- Australian Passport/ Foreign Passport/ ID card of parents.
- Name change certificate (if parent's name on Birth Certificate is different from Passport)
- Single set with full information
- Foreign papers must be translated into English.
- If parents live in Australia or another country: provide additional consent forms for the child.
- If the Birth Certificate does not have one of parents’ names, the parent must use the B8 form - One Parent Only on Child Birth Certificate.
- If the application does not have parental consent, the applicant needs to complete form B9 - Child without full parental consent or Australian court order permitting the issue of a travel document.
*Applications for passports for children without parental consent must be reviewed by Canberra. The review can take at least 6-10 weeks.
Application for Australian Passport fee (for U18 children)
Australian Passport fee for U18 children:
- The passport has valid for 5 years (for U16 children): 164 AUD (equivalent to 2,540,000 VND);
- The passport has valid for 10 years (for children from 16 to 18 years old): 325 AUD (equivalent to 5,030,000 VND);
Besides, the applicant must pay the fee (applying outside Australia): 71 AUD (equivalent to 1,100,000 VND).
*Notice: The fee that applies to an Australian Passport must be paid by credit card (procedure applying from 01/04/22, Australian Consulate General in HCM City) and can be changed per month following the exchange rate Australian Dollar and Vietnam Dong.
>> This is the required fee and excludes other fees. Contact [+84] 1900 6654 to know the exact cost.
Where to submit the application form in Vietnam
Applicant submits documents to the Australian Embassy or Consulate General at:
- Australian Embassy in Hanoi: No. 8 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh District
- Australian Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh: 20th floor, Vincom Center, 47 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1.
Do children need to present when applying for an Australian Passport?
Depending on each situation, the applicant might be required to attend the interview or not:
- Children who are under 16 years old don’t need to attend the interview. Passport Department staff will interview directly one of the parents (who submit the documents).
- Children aged 16 -18 must attend the interview with their parents.
In any situation that needs to have an interview, parents must set the meeting.
How long will the applicant receive the Australian passport?
The processing time for an Australian passport is at least 6 weeks if the application’s profile is complete.
*Notice that the competent authority might contact parents to ask for more other information (during the processing time).
Prestigious service for applying Australian Passport in HCMC
The conditions to apply for a Certificate of Australian Citizenship might change over time. From there, the applicant must update the change from the procedure to adjust the documents in the right way.
If you are an Australian parent and you want to apply for a Certificate of Australian Citizenship and an Australian Passport, you can access nhigia.vn website or contact [+84] 1900 6654 to get support from an Australian expert.
Nhi Gia is proud to be a professional, dedicated Australian visa and immigration consultant with high successful application. We will be able to handle each situation. Nhi Gia also makes sure to complete your application quickly - accurately with the highest pass rate.
To get the free consultation service at Nhi Gia:
Contact information Nhi Gia Trading and Service Co., Ltd
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 736 788
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org