Criminal record certificate is an important document that must be included in the work permit application for foreigners, application for studying abroad, or job application, etc. In particularly, the new information of criminal record certificate application procedures for foreigners will be updated in this article.
- What is a criminal record certificate?
- Classification of criminal record certificate
- Criminal record certificate application for foreigners
- Place of submitting the criminal record certificate applications for foreigners
- Process of submitting the criminal record certificate applications to foreigners
- Time for processing the criminal record certificate application for foreigners
- Service of criminal record certificate application for foreigners
What is a criminal record certificate?
A criminal record certificate is simply a document issued by the Department of Justice or the National Centre for Criminal Records. The document proves that:
+ A person with or without convictions, judgments, sanctioning decisions of the Court.
+ Whether or not being banned from holding posts or establishing or managing companies or enterprises in case they are declared bankrupt by the Court.
Classification of criminal record certificate
There are 2 types of criminal record certificates:
+ Criminal Record Certificate No. 1: is issued to the relevant individuals or agencies/organizations. The Criminal Record Certificate No. 1 is used to apply for jobs in Vietnam, apply for work permits for foreigners, supplement to the job applications at companies.
+ Criminal Record Certificate No. 2: is issued to the procedure agencies (including the Police, Procuracy and Court) or issued at the request of an individual so that he/she can obtain the contents of his/her criminal record. Criminal Record Certificate No. 2 is used to settle abroad, for Vietnamese people to marry foreigners.
Criminal Record Certificate No. 1 and Criminal Record Certificate No. 2
Criminal record certificate application for foreigners
To apply for a criminal record certificate for foreigners, the application must include the following documents:
+ Declaration to request the granting of a criminal record certificate according to the form set by the Department of Justice.
+ Copy of temporary residence card or confirmation of temporary residence made by the police agencies of where the foreigner is temporarily residing.
+ Passport (original).
Place of submitting the criminal record certificate applications for foreigners
+ For foreigners residing in Vietnam, they shall submit to the Department of Justice of where they are residing.
+ In case they left Vietnam, they shall submit at the National Centre for Criminal Records.
Process of submitting the criminal record certificate applications to foreigners
- Step 1: The applicant submits the application directly to the Department of Justice’s receipt and result section, or via postal service or registers online at the website: https: //lltptructuyen.moj.gov.vn.
- Step 2: Department of Justice’s officer receives the application, check the validity and completeness of the documents included in the application.
- Step 3: The Department of Justice sends a verification note of the criminal record certificate information with 01 set of documents to the competent authorities if the application is complete and valid. In case of refusal, the Department shall notify in writing and clearly state the reason.
- Step 4: After obtaining the verification results from the competent authorities, the Department of Justice will conduct a search and comparison of criminal record certificate information in the database of the Department of Justice and issue a criminal record certificate to the applicant. If the verification results include the convictions or unclear information, the Department of Justice shall request the applicant to supplement the documents, clarify the information or continue to verify at other agencies as prescribed.
- Step 5: The applicant comes to receive results at the Department of Justice’s receipt and result section or receive results by using the results delivery service via postal service.
Time for processing the criminal record certificate application for foreigners
According to the regulations, the time for processing the criminal record certificate application for foreigners is 10 working days from the date of submitting a complete application.
Criminal Record Certificate for foreigners in HCMC
Service of criminal record certificate application for foreigners
You do not know the legal procedures on the criminal record or cannot travel to prepare documents and papers? Nhi Gia Company is pleased to support you. With almost 15 years of experience in the field and successfully processing more than 20,000 applications, we are committed to:
+ Give advice and detailed instructions for each specific case.
+ Prepare documents, submit, receive results on behalf of customers and return to customers.
+ Quickly process the difficult or urgent cases.
+ Give quotation 1 time only, absolutely no costs incurred.
If you still have any questions about the application for criminal record certificate for foreigners, please contact Nhi Gia via hotline 1900 6654, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on https://www.facebook.com/nhigia. Our team of experienced experts will directly answer all questions!
- The U.S., the U.K., Japan and Belarus have officially accepted Vietnam's vaccine passports
- Conditions for entry into Vietnam for foreigners 2021
- Requirements for quarantine hotels for people entering Vietnam
- Flights to Vietnam for foreigners from May 2021
- Entry services for foreign experts working in Vietnam