As the previous article, LD1 visa is issued to people who have a confirmation of not be eligible to have a Work Permit. From there, what type of object is LD2 visa issued to and what does the procedure include? Let’s find out with Nhi Gia in this article!
Table of Contents
What is LD2 visa? Classification of Vietnam Visa with symbol LD2
LD2 visa or Work visa with the LD2 symbol allows foreigners to enter Vietnam to work under the guarantee of the company.
The Law amending and supplementing the Law on Entry and Exit of Foreigners (No. 51/2019/QH14) specifically stipulates that a Vietnam visa with the symbol LD2 is issued to foreigners working in Vietnam who are required to have a Work Permit.
Labor visa LD2 is divided into many types depending on the time and number of entries
In terms of the number of times of entry, the LD2 visa is divided into two types, including the LD2 single entry visa and the LD2 multiple entry visa.
In terms of visa duration, LD2 visas are divided into 4 main types:
- LD2 visa valid for no more than 3 months
- LD2 visa valid for 3-6 months
- LD2 visa valid for 6-12 months
- LD2 visa valid for 1-2 years
Duration of LD2 visa
LD2 visa is issued to foreigners with a maximum duration of 2 years. Foreigners who have a Work Permit with a duration of 1 year or more, can apply for a Temporary Residence Card with a maximum duration of 2 years to be able to work permanently in Vietnam.
Requirements to grant a Vietnam LD2 visa
Foreigners who want to apply for a LD2 visa need to meet the following conditions:
- Have a passport or valid international travel document as prescribed
- There is a guaranteeing agency or organization that is legally established in Vietnam
- Have a Work Permit in accordance with the provisions of the Labor Law
- Excluding cases that have not been allowed to enter Vietnam specified in Article 21 of Law No. 47/2014/QH13 (prohibited from entering Vietnam, forging documents, ...)
Procedures to apply for a Vietnam LD2 visa
Before carrying out the procedures to apply for a LD2 visa, a foreigner needs to have a Work Permit and an Approval Entry Letter according to the Government's regulations.
>> About the application for a work permit, see details in the article: Work Permit or call the hotline at [+84] 1900 6654 - [+84] 906 735 788 for assistance in making a work permit for foreigners.
Below is the instruction on the process to apply for Vietnam visa - Working purpose (LD2 visa):
Step 1: Apply for an Approval Entry Letter
Dossier to apply for an approval entry letter to prepare:
- Guarantee company business license
- The passport of the foreigner is still valid
- An application form for issuance of an approval entry letter to a foreigner, according to NA2 form
- Application form for the first-time registration of seal and signature sample at the Immigration Office, NA16 form
- Applicant's Work Permit
- Letter of the introduction of the applicant (if any)
- And some other relevant documents at the request of the Immigration Department
After preparing the required documents, the representative of the guarantee company submits the application at the Vietnam Immigration Department. After 5 working days (maximum 7-10 days), the Immigration Department will return the result of the approval entry letter.
Step 2: Prepare documents to get the Vietnam LD2 visa
After receiving the result, the guarantee company will send an email or courier the official document to the foreigner to complete the visa application procedure.
Regarding the application for a LD2 visa, foreigners need to prepare:
- Original passport with validity as prescribed
- Application form for Vietnam visa for foreigners using NA1 form
- Photo size 4x6cm
- A copy of the approval entry letter from the Immigration Department
- LD2 visa fee
Regarding the LD2 visa fee, as mentioned above, there are different types of visas, the fee will also be different. Specifically:
LD2 VISA FEES
1-month single entry visa, 3-month single entry visa
Visa types with validity of no more than 03 months
Visa types with validity from more than 3 to 6 months
Visa types with validity from more than 06 months to 12 months
Visa types with validity from 12 months to 02 years
Step 3: Receive LD2 visa
After preparing all the documents, on the appointment date, the foreigner will come directly to the place of receiving the visa specified on the entry dispatch to submit the application and receive a Vietnam visa with the symbol LD2. Normally, receive visas at locations:
- At the Vietnamese consulate abroad
- At the border gate of Vietnam's international airport
Is it possible to extend the Working LD2 visa?
The Work visa will be granted for a maximum period of 2 years, but not all cases are granted with the number of years above. Therefore, when the visa is about to expire but foreigners still want to stay in Vietnam to work, they can carry out procedures to extend the Vietnam LD2 visa.
The dossier for the extension of the Working LD2 visa includes:
- The original passport of the foreigner is still valid as prescribed
- Application form for visa, the extension of temporary stay, according to NA5 form
- Work Permit
- Certificate of temporary residence registration of the local police where the foreigner temporarily resides
- Letter of introduction of the applicant
- And other relevant documents at the request of the Immigration Department
The dossier to apply for LD2 visa extension is submitted to the Vietnam Immigration Agency in about 5 working days. From the date that the immigration agency receives the complete application, the applicant will receive the visa extension result.
Package LD2 visa service in HCMC
Above is all the information, procedures, and application documents for the LD2 visa that Nhi Gia wants to share with you. According to the instructions, to apply for a Work visa, the sponsoring company needs to carry out different procedures from applying for a Work Permit, and an approval entry letter to preparing a visa application.
Thus, instead of wasting money, effort, and time, the company and foreigners can use the package Working LD2 visa service in Nhi Gia. With nearly 20 years of experience in this field, Nhi Gia has well-trained visa specialists, knowledgeable about the law, and experienced in handling difficult/urgent situations, who will assist you in getting an LD2 visa ticket quickly.
Contact Nhi Gia immediately for advice and support:
- Address: 186 - 188 Nguyen Duy, Ward 9, District 8, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Hotline: [+84] 1900 6654
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org