Hong Kong has always been an attractive destination to tourists because of its liveliness, mixing classic and modern features through massive architectural works. Do Vietnamese need to apply for a Tourist visa when traveling to Hong Kong? If the answer is yes, then how to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa? Let’s find it out with Nhi Gia!
Table of Contents
- Is it necessary to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa?
- Documents to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa
- Where to submit the Hong Kong Tourist Visa application?
- Processing time of Hong Kong Tourist Visa
- Hong Kong Tourist Visa fees
- Refusal reasons for Hong Kong Tourist Visa
- Package Hong Kong Tourist Visa services of Nhi Gia
Is it necessary to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa?
Pursuant to regulations of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, Vietnamese citizens must have a visa which relates to each entry purpose (traveling, visiting relatives, business, etc.) to enter Hong Kong (Vietnamese citizens having Diplomatic and official passports of Vietnam shall be exempted from the Hong Kong visa with a maximum duration of stay of 14 days.)
Hence, people who have an ordinary passport (blue-violet passport) and want to travel Hong Kong must conduct procedures to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa.
Notice: You are not allowed to work/study in this country when you have a Hong Kong Tourist visa. In case you want to work or study in Hong Kong, you must apply for a Work/Student visa.
Documents to apply for a Hong Kong Tourist visa
To apply for Hong Kong Tourist visa, applicants must prepare some documents as below:
- Personal identity documents:
- Hong Kong Tourist visa application form.
- Passport with remaining validity of at least 6 months and 2 blank pages.
- Photo taken in the last 6 months from the date of application submission.
- Civil status documents: citizen identity card, household registry, etc.
For children under 18 years old accompanying:
- Marriage certificate of parents.
- Civil status documents: Birth certificate, household registry.
- Authorization letter of father or mother certified by competent authority (if traveling with either mother or father).
- Financial documents
- Savings account statement deposited for at least 3 months.
- Certificates of ownership of land, vehicles, and securities.
- Employment certificate:
- For employees: labor contract, leave application for traveling, salary statement of the last 3 months.
- For business owners: business registration certificate, tax payment receipt for the last 3 months.
- For students: student certificate/card.
- Documents proving the purpose of entry:
- Hong Kong travel schedule (time schedule, attractions to visit, places to stay in Hong Kong).
- Confirmed round-trip flight booking.
- Hotel reservation confirmation.
Notice: In addition to the above-mentioned documents, during the visa processing process, the Visa Application Center/Consular Office may require some additional documents to support the course of consideration and issuance of Hong Kong Visa.
>> To learn more about the procedures for specific cases, please contact Nhi Gia via hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for quick support!
Where to submit the Hong Kong Tourist Visa application?
After preparing the documents, you may submit the Hong Kong Tourist Visa application at the Hong Kong Immigration Department or the Chinese diplomatic missions and consular agencies:
- Hong Kong Immigration Department: Receipt and Despatch Unit, Immigration Department 2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
- Chinese Embassy in Hanoi: No. 46 Hoang Dieu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi City
- Chinese Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City: No. 175 Hai Ba Trung, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh
Notice: If you submit a Hong Kong Tourist Visa application at the Chinese Consulate-General, you must go through the China Visa Application Center.
Processing time of Hong Kong Tourist Visa
It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to process a Hong Kong Tourist Visa application since the Hong Kong Immigration Department receives the visa application. In case the Immigration Department requires additional documents or interviews, the processing time may take longer than expected.
Hong Kong Tourist Visa fees
Based on the information of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, the applicants must pay 230 HKD (equal to 30 USD - the fee is subject to change based on the exchange rate).
Besides, the applicant must pay other fees, such as: Fees for translating and notarizing documents, service fees for visa reception centers, courier fees, etc.
>> Call the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 to get the consultation from Nhi Gia’s experts regarding entire fees and expenses to apply for a Hong Kong Visa.
Refusal reasons for Hong Kong Tourist Visa
Some regular refusal reasons for visa application as below:
- The information declared in the Hong Kong Visa application does not match.
- Provide erroneous or incorrect information when filling in the Hong Kong Visa application form.
- The application does not provide all the required information and documents. (In this case, the applicant should learn more about the procedures according the instructions of the consular agencies. Or contact Nhi Gia at the hotline [+84] 1900 6654 for detailed instructions on Hong Kong Visa procedures).
- Lack of transparency in declaring information or forging documents.
- Unable to prove personal financial situation.
- Choosing the wrong type of visa for the purpose
If the applicant’s document is refused, the fees for Hong Kong Visa procedure will not be returned. In order not to waste too much time, effort and expense, you should use the visa services to ensure your pass rate.
Package Hong Kong Tourist Visa services of Nhi Gia
To conduct the Hong Kong visa procedure easily, you can use the package Hong Kong Tourist Visa services of Nhi Gia. With nearly 20 years of experience and reputable - professional services in handling document and legal procedures, we will support you:
- Completing the Hong Kong Visa application in all categories (tourist, visiting relatives, business trip,...) in the most complete and accurate way.
- Consulting and updating quickly to customers on Hong Kong immigration regulations.
- Assisting customers in scheduling appointments and submitting documents.
- Specializing in handling difficult and urgent visa applications.
- Offering reasonable costs with transparency, no additional expenses incurred in the processing of records.
- Support services: booking round-trip air tickets, hotel reservations, etc. (if necessary)
For support on all Hong Kong Visa categories (tourism, visiting relatives, business,...), please contact the hotline: [+84] 1900 6654.