Currently, foreign technical worker is one of four subjects employed by enterprises and organizations in Vietnam. So how are the conditions and paperwork to obtain work permit for foreign technical workers?
Who are foreign technical workers in Vietnam?
Foreign technical workers in Vietnam are those who have been trained in technical majors or other majors for at least 1 year at a foreign training institution and have at least 3 years of experience working in the trained majors in organizations and enterprises abroad.
Some job titles of foreign technical workers in Vietnam include: system engineer, construction engineer, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, chemical engineer, interdisciplinary integration engineer, etc. The foreign technical workers usually work in economic zones, industrial zones, high-tech zones, export processing zones, etc. and enterprises not managed by the Management Board of the zones.
According to the regulations, foreign technical workers who work for more than 3 months are required to have work permits or certificates of exemption from work permit to legally work in Vietnam.
Order of steps to apply for work permit for foreign technical workers
The procedures to apply for work permit for foreign technical workers include 3 steps:
Step 1: Applying for approval letter to employ the foreign workers.
The time for carrying out the procedures to apply for approval letter is at least 30 days prior the expected date of employment. The authority to process the applications is the Management Board or the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs of the province/city.
Step 2: Completing the application for work permit for technical workers.
Required documents include:
- Original Vietnamese health certificate, examined after February 11;
- Legalized criminal record certificate issued abroad or original criminal record certificate issued in Vietnam (within 6 months from the date of issue);
- Legalized degree or certificate proving the foreign worker has been trained in technical majors or other majors for at least 1 year;
- Legalized employment certificate proving the foreign worker has been in the equivalent position for 3 years or more;
- Original passport of the foreigner;
- 02 4 * 6 cm photos, white background, wearing shirt, no glasses;
- Application form for work permit No. 7.
Step 3: Submitting application and receiving results.
The application for work permit for technical workers will be submitted to the Management Board of the industrial park or the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, depending on whether the enterprise is located in the industrial park or outside the industrial park.
The results of valid applications will be given after 5-7 working days. In case additional documents are required, the processing time will be longer.
Expenses for applying for work permit for foreign technical workers
The fees for applying for work permit for foreign technical workers depend on many factors such as the state fees for work permit procedures in each locality; fees for preparing papers and documents: health certificate, criminal record certificate, consular legalization, notarization and translation, etc.
Should you apply for work permit for foreign technical workers yourself?
Many enterprises want to apply for work permit for technical workers themselves, but they face many problems related to paperwork. Completing an application for a work permit requires sufficient experience and time to process the paperwork required by the competent authorities.
In addition, in the process of preparing documents, arising costs are inevitable if the person processing documents does not understand the process and know how to deal with legal procedures.
Are you looking for a reputable service provider that specializes in applying for work permits? With 15 years of experience in the field, Nhi Gia Company will help you carry out all work permit procedures with the approval rate up to 99%. Time to receive results is fast, depending on each specific case, the service fees are reasonable without arising costs. Please contact Nhi Gia via hotline 1900 6654 or send a message via Facebook Fanpage at https://www.facebook.com/nhigia. for advice and quotation of work permit service for technical workers.
- Chinese Immigration Regulations applied from 8/1/2023
- Instruct to enter Hong Kong following the new procedure in 2023
- Thai Smile Airways updates India immigration information from 1/1/2023
- Hong Kong removes medical self-monitoring regulations upon entry (December 14)
- Do Vietnamese residing abroad can buy houses and lands in Vietnam?