The Law No. 51/2019/QH on Amending and supplementing a number of articles of the law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam contains some new regulations on the form and uses of Vietnam visa. Effective from July 01, 2020.
Amending and supplementing the form and uses of visas in Article 7, Law No. 51/2019/QH:
1. Visas are issued and pasted into passports, issued separately or issued via electronic transactions. Visas issued through electronic transactions are electronic visas.
2. The visa is issued separately to each person, except the following cases:
a) Visas issuing for children under 14 years of age accompanying parents or guardians sharing passport with their parents or guardians;
b) Visas issuing according to the list of personnel review of immigration authorities for foreigners visiting, traveling, or transiting by sea having the demand to enter the country to visit or travel according to a program organized by an international travel company in Vietnam; foreign military ship members follow the official operation program of the visit outside the province or centrally run city where the ship or boat is anchored.
3. The visa is valid for single or multiple entry; The e-visa and the visa issued for the case specified at Point b, Clause 2 of this Article are valid for single entry.
4. The visa purposes is not allowed to change, except for the following cases:
a) Having papers proving that they are investors or representatives for foreign organizations investing in Vietnam according to the provisions of Vietnamese laws;
b) Having papers proving the relationship of being parent, wife, husband or child with the inviting or guaranteeing individual;
c) Being invited or guaranteed by agencies or organizations to work, and having work permits or certifying not to be eligible for a work permit in accordance with the law on labor;
5. Entering with an electronic visa and having a work permit or certifying that it is not eligible for a work permit under the labor law.
6. In case of visa purposes changed as provided for in Clause 4 of this Article, a new visa shall be granted with a symbol and a period suitable to the converted purpose. The order and procedures for a new visa are specified in Article 19 of this Law.
Above are new points about the form and uses of Vietnam visa. If you require to use the service of renewing a Vietnam visa, extending a visa or entering for foreigners to enter Vietnam, please contact Nhi Gia via the call center 1900 6654. The team of visa specialists will assist answering all of your questions!