The Labor Code 2019, which was promulgated by the National Assembly and comes into force from January 01, 2021, superseded the Labor Code No. 10/2012/QH13. Accordingly, on December 30, 2020, the Government promulgated the Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP about regulations on the foreign workers in Vietnam and recruitment and management of Vietnamese workers to work for foreign organizations and individuals in Vietnam according to a number of articles and provisions of the Labor Code, amending and supplementing cases of work permit revocation.
The regulations on work permit revocation were abolished on October 08, 2018, but the regulations on revocation are prescribed in Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP. This Decree officially takes effect from February 15, 2021. Specifically, there are 09 cases of work permit revocation:
- Expiration of work permit.
- Termination of employment contract.
- The contents of the employment contract are not consistent with the contents of the granted work permit.
- Working not in accordance with the contents of the granted work permit.
- Expiration/termination of the contract which is the basis for work permit.
- Written notice from the foreign organizations/companies about stopping the secondment of foreign workers to work in Vietnam.
- Vietnamese enterprises, organizations, partners or foreign organizations in Vietnam employing foreign workers cease their business.
- Employer or foreign worker fails to comply with regulations on workers in Vietnam and recruitment and management of Vietnamese workers for foreign organizations and individuals in Vietnam.
- Foreign worker, while working in Vietnam, does not comply with the laws of Vietnam, affecting social security, order and safety.
In addition to regulations on cases of work permit revocation, Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP also states many new articles about foreign workers in Vietnam and recruitment and management of Vietnamese workers for foreign organizations and individuals in Vietnam.
If you wish to have more information about the provisions related to Vietnam work permits for foreign workers: grant, re-grant and exemption of work permits, please contact Nhi Gia via the hotline 1900 6654 for support!
- Vietnam introduces vaccine passport form
- Vietnam reopens 9 regular international air routes from January 01, 2022
- Officially shortening the quarantine period to 3 days for people entering Vietnam who have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- List of concentrated quarantine hotels with charge in Ho Chi Minh City (updated on November 30, 2021)
- The U.S., the U.K., Japan and Belarus have officially accepted Vietnam's vaccine passports